What's a worthy life? I have always thought about death and it scares me so much. I think that my purpose in life is to live on, to trascend. However, I am 25 years, 4 months and 15 days old and I think I haven't done anything worthy. I look at other people who have already done so much to collaborate and cooperate with the world and I have done so little. I know teaching is a lot of collaboration: I am educating young people's mind, but whose? I work in the private sector and even though I am convinced that they need as much as any other student from the public sector, I still think that I should do much more. I want to do much more and I feel disappointed at myself for so simply giving in to the life I lead and settling down with work and money.
Am I really trascending by getting up, going to work, work some more, get home and go to sleep just to do it all over again the next day? Am I making a real difference? Maybe I am to those I teach but how big can the change be? I feel so restless when these questions arise because I need to move and do something. I see people devoting their life to charity and being so selfless when embarking in a great adventure like going to Africa, sharing with HIV positive people, trying to change the world through Education and just giving up their lives for being with others.
Time is moving faster every minute and I don't want to turn 30 and look back and see my life has simply gone by and I haven't lived it! I don't want to turn 30 and see I've done nothing with my life besides working.
I remember being younger and having so many selfless goals. I wanted to work in Politics for building a more just world and society. I wanted to work with women and empower them through Education. I don't know where that Carolina is. Has she lost herself to the system? Are you still there? If you are, please, take over!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment